View Single Post
Old 28-12-2022, 21:58   #640
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: The future of television

Bespoke subscriptions
Now from Sky does this already. I don't think there's enough Star Wars content to justify that particular example but doing it by genre is an option for a potential Warner Bros Discovery service.

Less user privacy
Makes sense to get a bit of extra cash in by selling user data.

Embracing NFTs
I agree with the idea of fostering communities and selling merchandise but that's nothing new. An NFT is just another bit of merchandise with a dubious reputation.

An end to the binge model
Obviously makes sense.

Return of bundles
The quoted examples of cinema tickets and theme parks don't seem significant to me. I can see Disney, Universal (Comcast-Sky) and Warner Bros Discovery wanting to market their theme parks/studio tours to their respective subscribers but I doubt they want to undermine theme park revenue too much or include a benefit that few would use.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote