View Single Post
Old 15-12-2022, 15:13   #620
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: The future of television

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Scheduled linear television over the internet is a new phenomenon???
I didn’t say that. What is new is the variation of ‘themed’ FAST channels such as those listed on Pluto TV. And yes, these are linear channels over the internet, but that is not what I have been referring to in my prediction. My focus is the existing EPG channels.

But you know that.

---------- Post added at 15:13 ---------- Previous post was at 15:07 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
We’re happy to discuss possible futures, options, differences of opinions in what might happen in this (and other) areas.

Unfortunately, on this topic, you’re not - you’ve not just drawn a line in the sand about the future of linear programming, you’ve dug a 50 foot ditch, filled it with water and sharks, put minefields, barbed wire fences, and machine-gun towers either side of the ditch, then played loud music over the speakers on the towers so as not to be influenced by anything anyone else contributes…
I’m trying to have a discussion, but nobody seems to want to discuss it. The whole idea is anathema to you guys!

I have answered all the relevant points that have been put to me but it’s as if I haven’t said anything, and the constant repetition of what I am supposed to have said when I have repeated time and again that is untrue, shows that people on here are not listening.

Last edited by OLD BOY; 15-12-2022 at 16:31.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote