View Single Post
Old 06-12-2022, 16:57   #2225
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Russia has invaded Ukraine

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
If you can provide an example of a referendum in Russia that the citizens voted no to, the government took on board their concerns and presented revised proposals to I think you and Ian would be in agreement.
No, because Russia wouldn't give them a referendum.

Ireland gave their people a referendum and they decided no.

But that was unacceptable to the EU, so they were told to think again, so in response to the statement
Quote:
My contention is that Irish people can make their own decisions
my point was, well, yes they can, unless they make the wrong decision.

If they had said no again do you think it would have ended there? That would have put a stop the whole European project. We didn't even get a choice to vote on it.

No, they would have gone back, again and again until they got the answer they wanted.

It's happened twice in Ireland and once in Denmark. That was the parallel I was making.

But we digress.