View Single Post
Old 22-11-2022, 17:52   #4618
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
I can’t believe that after all this time that people still think of Brexit in terms of economics etc.

Brexit, to most of the so called thick racist northerners that got it over the line was an issue of being governed by those that were accountable.

Certain global issues have made the situation less good.

But anyone thinking rejoining the EU is an option are crazy, and any party with that option in a manifesto would not get out the starting gate.

Try to get there by stealth and you may get so far, but you’ll be found out.
You are out of touch with reality I'm afraid. The latest polling on Brexit has Britons thinking that it was the wrong decision to vote to leave the European Union by 56% to 32%. This will gap increase as the "sunlit uplands" a.k.a lies, fail to materialise. The other factor is that each year, the numbers of Leave voters drops by around 1/4 million and since Gen-Z is 80-90% Remain, the future is writ large. The lack of any tangible benefits just seals the deal.

As the drop in GDP caused by this decision starts to impact people's daily lives, this trend will continue. I suspect that in 5 or 10 years time, the UK will start the re-joining process, driven by basic economic necessity.