View Single Post
Old 14-11-2022, 12:08   #158
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: [Updated] Elon Musk $44 Billion Twitter deal back on

We can mock Elon for his woes, that said, I’ve subbed to Twitter Blue, for shits n giggles, just before they paused subscriptions. I thought with all the backlash of fake accounts using branded names, past leaders and getting verified, Elon would reverse verification on sub accounts, but we got to keep it for now. No new account after Nov 9th can get verified, once verified via Twitter Blue, name changes aren’t allowed, but Elon tweeted this morning that function will be allowed from Friday, so some other changes are incoming, we shall see.

That verification is a powerful tool, not coz of the tick, in the sense that before Elon changed it all, only elites noticed elites and there is a reason for that, verified users can ignore everyone else, if they choose to, most do, so all those who vent at verified folk in their replies, no notifications will be sent.

I’ve already ranted at Rishi Sunak, Keir Starmer, Suella Braverman, using their handles, they’ll certainly have a better chance to notice it, even if they select to get notifications from verified users only.

Elon it seems wants a level playing field.

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 1F9487D1-83BD-40DA-85AB-1820FEBFEAEA.jpeg (9.0 KB, 128 views)
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote