Thread: General Changes to Virgin TV (2022)
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2022, 09:24   #1167
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Personal view is that I wouldn't expect it to be added to the V6. Virgin Media need a 'pull' reason for customers to upgrade away from the TiVo platform before they have to 'push' customers off it, so having popular apps and content exclusive to 360 will help with that.

Same happened when TiVo first came in, new content options were only on that to pull customers away from the V boxes.

And as V6 customers can upgrade with just some new remotes being sent and a software upgrade, as long as the differences are clearly explained, it's not a huge leap to do.
I renegotiated my VM contact a few months ago and at no point did they even offer switching to 360 from V6 - I think they are missing a trick not trying to get people to do so at that point.

From what I've read in here, I'm not sure they could call it an upgrade though, as it sounds like you lose out on more features that you gain?