View Single Post
Old 26-08-2022, 09:29   #4245
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Updated: Boris resigns as party leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I don’t think any government other than Russia could have avoided the Ukraine war.

---------- Post added at 19:24 ---------- Previous post was at 19:21 ----------

Mr Hindsight strikes again!

We have less storage because we are in the middle of transitioning to clean fuels.

You can criticise government for getting rid of gas storage capacity too early if you like, but you would be ignoring growing public opinion that we needed to speed up our reliance on fossil fuels.

We would have been ok had it not been for Putin’s aggression.
Are you actually still in charge of your own computer OB? Because these posts increasingly read as if they’re being generated by a Twitter parody account.

Literally nobody involved in decimating our gas storage capacity thought they were doing it as part of a green wind-down of our gas network. Centrica (the formerly state-owned owner of this formerly state-owned piece of infrastructure) refused to pay for its renewal because they thought it was too expensive. The government likewise refused to write an enormous cheque for it.

Strategic gas storage is an insurance policy that ought to protect the continuing smooth running of national infrastructure in the event of unforeseen problems. Insurance is there to pay out on contingency - I.e. the whole reason you have it is for those “we would have been ok had it not been for” moments. Your argument is absurd. I bet your house isn’t uninsured.