View Single Post
Old 18-08-2022, 09:30   #772
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Sir Keir’s Kerfuffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post

A decently led government, executing its programme. should be doing well mid-term. It's no use trotting out the usual excuses for this failed shower.

I agree with the rest of your post.
Governments are normally at their least popular by mid-term, mainly because their most unpopular policies are implemented first.

The Johnson government failed in the eyes of the electorate not with the implementation of its policies but because of partygate.

---------- Post added at 09:30 ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
A decently led government, executing its programme. should be doing well mid-term. It's no use trotting out the usual excuses for this failed shower.

I agree with the rest of your post.

---------- Post added at 09:24 ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 ----------

Productivity is a very difficult matter. What is meant by that? A financial comparison between countries of GP vs the number of workers? The ratio of civil servants to real workers? What are real workers? Bricklayers? Carpet fitters? Car factory workers? The answer seems to me that we should build our own wind turbines, make our own washing machines, etc and export them - for example.
It's all of these things and more. You forgot to mention the railways, for example, with the unions putting their foot down at every sniff of modernisation.

I'm a bit surprised that you questioned me on this, Seph. You must know we can do better.