View Single Post
Old 25-05-2022, 12:10   #27
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Elizabeth Line (Crossrail) opens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
The people of this great northern city duly doff their caps and gasp at the latest technological marvel to be unveiled in our great capital. I’m truly chuffed that Londoners can now traverse their city 10 minutes quicker, or get to Canary Wharf without changing at Mornington Crescent.

It’s just a pity it went a teensy wee say bit over-budget isn’t it. I’m pretty sure we could have replaced every single ferry serving the Western Isles twice over with that money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Note ‘could have,’ as in ‘theoretically possible’

In reality, the SNP would have spent the money propping up any engineering firm with a Nat-voting boss, thrown several millions at them, then when they failed to deliver, throw some more millions at them and nationalise the mess into the bargain.

Trouble is NS is set on going it alone, so could Scotland actually afford this with its own money.

I would say no way.

Perhaps if she accepted her countrymen want a United Kingdom and not wasted money seeking yet another one in a lifetime vote, the money could have been spent on transport.

STAY AT HOME: I found out that mum will never walk again as the coronavirus attacked her nervous system. She died on September 30th.
Hom3r is offline   Reply With Quote