View Single Post
Old 24-05-2022, 00:22   #2348
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Partygate & Beergate discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
He said he was told that all the guidelines were followed.
Old Boy, let's debate on the basis of what Johnson actually said as oppose to what you or I wished he had said.

Quote:
1.20: What I can tell the right honourable gentleman is that...is that all guidance was followed completely during number 10.
1.28: I can tell you that the guidelines were followed at all times
1.34: I have satisfied myself that the guidelines were followed at all times
Scroll down to the video at https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61081386

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
A farewell speech to a colleague clearly counts as a work event.

Some of those present clearly took it too far.
Important post below from Lewis Goodall referencing the four ITV photos from 13 November 2020. The Metropolitan Police have fined some attendees on this date, making it an illegal party.

Quote:
On 8th December 2021 Catherine West asked Boris Johnson in the Commons “whether there was a party in Downing St on 13th Nov?”

PM: “No. But but I’m sure whatever happened the guidance... and the rules were followed at all times.”

Clip here. For the Prime Minister not to have misled MPs he would again have to argue that he believed that what he attended in the picture was not a “party”. This question now likely to be central in the days ahead.
https://twitter.com/lewis_goodall/st...62197840633857

Last edited by 1andrew1; 24-05-2022 at 00:37.