View Single Post
Old 13-05-2022, 10:35   #2110
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Partygate & Beergate discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
It's going to depend on how much work 'blended' into the meal I guess. I think if the police find large quantities of beer/alcohol were ordered - which would be pretty easy - then Starmer is fined. Labour apparently has WhatsApp messages, document edits/emails and video edit times showing that work continued past the party but were those from the building?

As Mick said the beer is critical I think. One beer with a meal they will probably get away with (The Met police didn't investigate the wine/cheese thing in No 10 for example) but if they got hammered it's clearly not work. And the problem for Labour you can't hide that. There would have been a paper trail of the orders. We already know exactly how much curry was ordered so the police likely know exactly how much beer/wine/whatever was ordered.
Does it matter if work carried on back at the hotel instead of at the Miners Hall? I think it would be impossible to prove that they weren't discussing work matters over a beer and curry and this seems to have been the approach adopted by the Met towards the No 10 cheese and wine party.

What's a reasonable amount of alcohol to be able to continue work? I would probably cap it at two beers but if it turned out to be three beers each would the police start to get that judgmental? It's a hard call!

Last edited by 1andrew1; 13-05-2022 at 10:41.