View Single Post
Old 08-05-2022, 09:49   #1983
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: All those No.10 lockdown parties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
What we have here is an amusing situation where Starmer is now shit scared that he might have to fall on his sword. Less amusing is Boris’ ability to survive.
What does it for me with Starmer isn't so much that he called for Boris Johnson to go - I think he was right to do that - it's that he voted for the laws too. It's same as Boris Johnson in that respect. You can't demand ordinary people obey these restrictions which were extremely hard on everyone and then not do so yourself.

It's why I don't think it's hypocritical if some normal person on the street calls for them to go when that person also may have broken the rules at some point. Politicians should be held to a higher standard, they have the power and we don't.

Put it this way if Starmer had voted against the lockdown rules, called for Johnson to go for breaking them and then was found to have broken them then that would be different to me.

Last edited by Damien; 08-05-2022 at 09:56.