View Single Post
Old 12-04-2022, 21:43   #1539
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: All those No.10 lockdown parties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post

Really? Inflation running out of control, and the biggest cost of living crisis since the 2nd World War, NHS in terminal decline. Tax take at a record high. He's played an absolute blinder.
Well inflation is a global supply & demand issue coming out of COVID. Compounded by Ukraine but it was already on its way up before that.

Cost of living crisis is mainly inflation + fuel, fuel again compounded not caused by Ukraine, but I will say that this Governments (and the Wests) misguided drive for Net-Zero has helped cause the fuel cost crisis. We should have been in full fracking production by now, opening up new North Sea oil & gas fields ( I think just one gas one has opened) and had several new nuclear in the pipeline.

“Record” tax take, I don’t think it’s a record.

He got Brexit (and the mood of the country at the time) right.

He got Furlough right, it cost a lot, but saved many businesses and families (we do have to pay for that now though)

He got Vaccines right.

He got opening up right.

He (and previous Con Govs) got Ukraine right……so far.