View Single Post
Old 21-02-2022, 21:37   #165
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Russia & Ukraine invasion threat (Defcon 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Is your cryptic suggestion to recommend that the US avoids making lots of concessions like those it made to diffuse the Cuban missile crisis?
Well I was referring to how the US reacted to an opposing military power stationing itself on your doorstep. Which is what NATO is doing if they accept Ukraine and I can full appreciate Russia’s concern.

Also Ukraine’s history with Russia is not like other communist countries Russia added to the CCCP post war. Many Russians considered Ukraine part of Russia, and many Ukrainians consider themselves Russian. It’s not like a hostile invasion, if it were to happen, a decent % of the populace may welcome it.

In regards to US concessions regarding Cuba, apart from removing their nuclear weapons from Turkey, and not invading Cuba, I’m not aware of any others made by the US