Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 21-02-2022, 21:19   #1678
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
The bottom line is that the people who are shouting for "freedom" are the ones who, typically, are not potentially at risk
Absolutely they are and quite right too.

Quote:
and do not have loved ones who are. It really does come down to "not my problem, mate". Maybe a reflection on who we are as a society?
Ok, funnily enough, it turns out my wife has a immunoconflicted condition. It turns out that she is vulnerable to bacterial infection that can kill her. This bacteria is carried by every 1 in 1 million persons in the U.K. there are 67 people in the U.K. that can kill my wife just by touching her or breathing on her but we don’t know who or where they are.

I demand for the safety of my wife that the entire population of the U.K. wear masks and surgical gloves - all ages. If you do not know if you carry this bacteria or not you should isolate to be sure. Otherwise you’re saying “ not my problem mate” you selfish society.

Or perhaps my wife should be super very careful, her safety is her responsibility, not someone’s she has never met, and not the states. Why should her personal medical circumstances impinge on another’s persons life?

---------- Post added at 21:19 ---------- Previous post was at 21:16 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
By not being allowed to do something, your freedom to do it is obviously being curtailed.
Not when there are alternatives. I can get a bus, taxi, have someone else drive.

My freedom to drink and travel to the place I want to drink has not been taken away.