Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 21-02-2022, 20:50   #1675
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by nffc View Post
OK so, there are other points which need addressing first:
- does Covid still represent a serious danger? Have they been vaccinated? What are the effects of anti virals?
- how does this compare with the danger of them catching another virus such as cold, flu, noro, measles, ebola, etc from someone else?
- are the measures in place for covid proportionate to the risk to them, with the preventions and treatments on offer, and to other viruses of similar risk to them?
- are there any other measures you could put in place?

What happened to these people before covid anyway?

As for that guy, he's saying should they if they're not ill and test positive? So that test could be a false positive. Presence of a virus' RNA in a sample taken to run a PCR or LFT on doesn't make that person infectious to others does it?
You ask questions so clearly there are no obvious answers. You throw various diseases in the air but they are just deflection to be fair. I am not sure Ebola is on the rampage and I am confident that the cold is not as deadly as Covid is to the vulnerable.

The bottom line is that the people who are shouting for "freedom" are the ones who, typically, are not potentially at risk and do not have loved ones who are. It really does come down to "not my problem, mate". Maybe a reflection on who we are as a society?