View Single Post
Old 18-02-2022, 22:39   #3915
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
You wouldn't know the word balance if it bit you on the behind.

The Remain campaign was arguing for the real world, the one existing at the time, the one you could quantify and measure. They were accurate and honest about what they were selling because it was the reality of the world that everyone lived in. The Leave campaign were selling sunlit uplands with no downsides i.e. Lies. You will never accept that they lied because you, like others, are so invested in the project that you have wished for, for so long.

It is Deflection because you will never address the lies that Leave used to get over the line. You will try and deflect: "But Sir, they lied as well!"

The 52% of voters did not buy the Remain campaign. They did not want to retain the "existing world".

The Leave campaign were selling the doable possible and then Boris (and possibly Covid - but mainly Boris) started screwing things up. That is no reason to have stayed under the EU thumb. The Leave campaign did not lie; the Government are not capable of implementing what the campaign suggested.

It doesn't mean that we should have remained in the EU.

The difference between me and OB is that I've never viewed Brexit as a matter of the "sunlit uplands".

My advice is at your risk.

Last edited by Sephiroth; 18-02-2022 at 22:40. Reason: typo
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote