View Single Post
Old 15-02-2022, 11:12   #1331
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy View Post
It won't matter how much online 'protection' is offered through legislation if people refuse to be educated on how to stay safe online.Despite all the warnings constantly underlined in the media we have still been seeing on the BBC and other media outlets only this week how people who are supposedly internet savvy are getting stung out of huge sums of money. Education is the key and followed by really heavy punishment for those caught.
Yep, you can only protect people so much, after that it comes down to whether they think "something too good to be true" is actually a bargain . . . or a scam.

Internet shopping and online banking is a massive boon to the criminal fraternity, and although banks have procedures in place to prevent theft & fraud, once you've been hit by it you need to prove to the bank that you didn't give any details out that you shouldn't have done.

I've never been a lover of internet shopping, but it's getting to be the only way you can buy items . . . and I don't trust many of the 'review' sites out there to give me an honest appraisal of items I'm looking at.
It's easy to order a pair of trousers and return them if they don't fit or wrong colour etc . . . not so easy with a fridge freezer.

As far as punishing the scammers, difficult to do if they operate outside of certain jurisdiction areas or are 'fly by night' boys that come and go.

Education is definitely key, but complacency is an easy trap to fall into if you've never had a problem with the first 500 transactions.
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote