Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 31-01-2022, 15:17   #1545
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
You could always sue…
But wouldn't reduction of risk be better than the increased possibility of a sick child - suing won't help the child's health.

---------- Post added at 15:17 ---------- Previous post was at 15:15 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nffc View Post
No it isn't.

But someone going round banging on doors of cars where people aren't, or drawing overt attention to the fact that they are wearing a seatbelt, would be virtue signalling.

I do understand that the vaccines reduce the risk even if they don't eliminate it...

I'd expect that the hospital would have mitigations in place to ensure that staff or other patients did not spread infectious diseases.

Not just covid, but other infections like norovirus, flu, colds, MRSA, etc etc.

In the case of specifically covid, we know that even vaccinated people can spread it, so the chance of getting from an unvaccinated person exists similarly that the chance of getting it from a vaccinated person does.

So they should be doing daily LFTs, regular PCRs as often as is practical, wearing proper surgical PPE and changing it when it's contaminated, ventilation systems checked, adequate cleaning, it's all part of the jigsaw to keep people safe where there are sick people and germs all over.

I'm pro-vaccination, it's the best way we have out of this, and the best solution we have to stopping people getting covid, but no vaccine is perfect, it's one tactic. So actually, whilst I largely agree with you, they shouldn't be relying on that a staff member is vaccinated to say that this staff member is OK to act without other precautions anyway. And as these precautions would identify if someone is covid positive then they would equally apply to non vaccinated staff. That's sensible really.
1 - have to say, I've not seen anyone going around telling everyone they're vacccinated

2 - You keep posting this, but that does not make it true - being vaccinated reduces the risk of spreading COVID.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote