View Single Post
Old 12-01-2022, 10:48   #336
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: That No.10 Christmas Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I think you’re crediting Starmer with a lot more strategic nous than he deserves. There’s no doubt his poll lead depends entirely on BoJo remaining in power, but the idea that he’s sufficiently in control of events to ‘use’ him is fanciful.
I suspect Starmer would love to be the person who takes him down but he would also love to be strategic and keep him limping on.

But as much as he might love to be strategic, I doubt the Labour rank-and-file would tolerate him going easy on Johnson.

But if papa is right in his assertion that Starmer will instead be grilling him about team meetings, then it shows he's playing strategically. I don't know if papa is being sarcastic or not.

How Starmer fares in the polls against another Conservative leader presumably depends on how clean they come out of the 12 alleged rule-breaking events. (See 10.36am here.) If they'e strongly implicated then he should benefit.