View Single Post
Old 08-01-2022, 10:26   #1229
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
What are you talking about?

---------- Post added at 02:32 ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 ----------

My second paragraph was a response to that.

---------- Post added at 02:37 ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 ----------

That's a shame as you put your alternative viewpoint across very eloquently and didn't resort to puerile remarks, rudeness etc when doing so.

We can debate with others but, unfortunately, won't always be able to change another person's view, that's not to say that it still isn't useful and interesting to do so.
You said
Quote:
As previously explained, I have no problem whatsoever with those who have differing views. It's when it is done through the use of tactics like mocking, insulting, laughing at a disabled person and the inevitable affects of their various disabilities that it becomes a problem.
Once again, you conflate people disagreeing with your propositions/views/ideas with (sometimes in a mocking manner) with them mocking your disability - people responding to your posts treat you no differently (imho) than any other posters they disagree with; some posters are courteous, some are funny, some are sarcastic, and some are quite blunt - these responses are not aimed at your disability, but at your posts.

You seem to have a blind spot about criticism, assuming that any disagreement/negative comments must be personal, when in fact, you are being treated exactly the same as any other poster on CF.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote