View Single Post
Old 06-01-2022, 04:15   #1193
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshep View Post
Richard you make leaps an olympian would be impressed by in no way was I supporting anything nefarious. You won't be happy until there's no interaction because everyone would be so scared to say more then hello\goodbye for fear of running foul of laws. Your clearly someone who feels threatened a lot and given your demeanour you've probably incited a few instances where people have reacted negatively to you. The law is not a solution for every problem and a lot of what you want laws to remedy could be done more easily with developing a thick skin and a realisation that not everywhere is suited for everyone.

In those instances where an individual targets another individual sufficient laws already exist to deal with that.
It doesn't matter what you or I think now that the consultation period is over, these new measures look set to become law and are currently being looked at by politicians.

Whilst I disagree with much of what you say, I do genuinely thank you for putting your views across in a polite and mature fashion without resorting to snide, sneery and generally rude comments. Some on this forum could learn a lot from you.

---------- Post added at 04:15 ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Pretty sure this thread is now turning into one persons personal agender. I am not in anyway a moderator on this forum but this thread is way off it's original starting point.
It started by highlighting that the police intended to crack down on Internet trolls. The position today is that the politicians are now considering what to include in the laws to achieve this aim.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote