Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 17-12-2021, 10:30   #772
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Coronavirus

Must be a local thing - still available online here (in Leeds).

---------- Post added at 10:30 ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 ----------

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/chris-whit...141926249.html

Quote:
Whitty told MPs: “The idea that the lockdowns caused the problems with things like cancer is a complete inversion of reality.

“If we had not had the lockdowns, the whole system would have been in deep, deep trouble and the impact on things like heart attacks and strokes, and all the other things people must still come forward for when they have them, would have been even worse than it was.”

He added: “I think this is sometimes said by people who have no understanding of health at all. But I don’t think it’s said by anyone who’s serious, if I’m honest. And when they say it it’s usually because they want to make a political point.

"The reality is, and if you ask any doctor working in any part of the system, they will say this, that what is threatening our ability to do cancer, what is threatening our ability to do all these things, is the fact that so much of the NHS effort, so many of the beds are having to be put over to COVID and that we’re having to work in a less efficient way because COVID is there.

“Finding a way to manage COVID in a way that minimises the impact on everything else is absolutely central to what we’re trying to do.”
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote