Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2021, 15:49   #198
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
I obviously made my point badly & yes, you're quite right.
I thought you meant to imply the Government regularly legislates in the collective interest, as individuals cannot necessarily be trusted to make judgement calls on their personal risk or risks to others.

The drink drive limit is an arbitrary threshold that does exactly this due to the risk drivers pose to other road users, pedestrians and adjacent property to the roads. Just like the risk those carrying Covid could pose to others who happen to share the same spaces. This is the crux of self isolation policies implemented around the world for those who have tested positive and, prior to vaccination, their household contacts due to the high prevalence of within household transmission.

For those who oppose state intervention for entirely ideological reasons (and not weighing up public health) pointing this out seems an entirely credible position to take in a debate.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote