View Single Post
Old 18-11-2021, 17:54   #3097
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Suspect those who want an au pair want it for the exploitative value, in which case I’m satisfied to see them go without. If they can’t afford childcare they should cut their cloth accordingly and make ends meet like everyone else.

There’s no point propping up the property market with borrowing against two wages that aren’t sustainable.
However, if your suspicion is incorrect, than the rest of your theorem falls away.

Are you suggesting that if they can't afford childcare, they shouldn't resort to employing an au pair?

My parent were very hard working non-rich people who both needed to work to provide for me and my sister and themselves. So they hired a live in au pair (several over the years) which met the objectives of both the au pair and the family.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote