View Single Post
Old 02-11-2021, 17:09   #490
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I think we've seen the future with Sky Glass. Linear channels and streaming apps all delivered by broadband hopefully with a way of searching across all content providers with one search function. And no space for those pesky shopping channels.

I thought you of all forum members would be an early adopter, Old Boy, and would have booked your first class ticket aboard the future of TV broadcasting on the Streaming Express - aka Sky Glass - by now?
We are certainly moving in the right direction, and faster than I anticipated. However, as I said before, I would not wish to be locked into Sky in order to receive the ‘smart’ part of my TV.

I do like the focus on the streamers, though, and also the live TV (while transmitter based broadcasting exists) being available without an aerial.

We are still ‘getting there’ as far as I am concerned. It could well be that the Sky solution turns out to be the best in the long run, but we shall see. On balance, I like the look of the Roku and Amazon TVs more, but the lack of a watchlist option is a disincentive. I rely on lists of programmes I have started or want to see - I don’t want to faff about compiling my own lists just to keep track of everything.