View Single Post
Old 27-10-2021, 01:18   #115
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Rising cost of living

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
True, and I know that. However, it is a cog in the wheel of capitalism.

I apologise if my use of the word ‘failing’ gave the wrong impression. I was using a bit of a broad brush with that comment.
Far from this benign action that you portray it is done specifically to extract money out of the situation - rather than allowing the market (those genuinely interested in shares) to enter or exit the market and costs those parties money in the process.

If anyone wants to find out capitalism as we know it is a great ponzi scheme I recommend Googling (or your preferred search engine) "the day Volkswagen conquered the world" and reading the associated article. In short - pun intended - by massively distorting the markets Porsche bought Volkswagen and got venture capitalists to fund it when many expected the reverse transaction to happen.

A Sunday is an amazing day to announce that between the stocks you own, have options on and those owned by the state of Saxony account for 94.2% of the shares in a company when it was estimated that as much as 20% of VW shares were shorted.

Panic, panic, panic. A great laugh to read back about everyone who lost money in the process.

Last edited by jfman; 27-10-2021 at 01:28.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote