View Single Post
Old 21-10-2021, 19:58   #6959
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
I got offered by a guy in an unwritten white van £20 to check and clear the gutters on the house. Only the front really needed doing so I said yes. He didn't have a card or flier.

Anyhow he cleared the gutter but said that some of the concrete in the valley of the gable was insecure and removed it.

Now they're keen to come and do major works on the valley. Now call me suspicious but unwritten van, call from withheld number, no business card, a call this morning from a mobile number that doesn't trace to a bone-fide business in the area and I'm suspicious of being scammed so I've asked for a written estimate. What's the betting I don't get one?

Personally, I wouldn’t have let him anywhere near my house in the first place. He’s actually removed material from the building because he decided it was loose? That stinks to high heaven. If I were you I’d be getting a reputable local property maintenance company to have a look at that, and don’t be surprised if your white van man has actually caused the damage in order to get you to pay him for repairs.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote