View Single Post
Old 15-10-2021, 22:36   #23
idi banashapan
step on my trip

idi banashapan has a nice shiny star
idi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny star
Re: Is the cassette tape making a return?

people should listen to whatever they find best. one could get hung up on frequency response, dynamic range, soundstage, timbre, warmth, convenience... you know what - listen to whatever you like to listen to, on whatever medium you want to listen to it from on whater equipemnt you want to listen to it via. Music is to be enjoyed and it is one of the most subjective things there is.

For me, I prefer lossless digital. I refuse to listen or buy into MQA, because it's a lie and a way to get more money from the end user. A/B testing of the same track on MQA as lossless FLAC shows a noticeable difference to me, with FLAC sounding clearing, with more high end clarity. Equally, I do not want to hear hiss from a cassette, not clicks and pops from Vinyl. But that's just my preference. It's not right or wrong, just what I prefer for the types of music I listen to, which tends to be recorded in modern studios - it lends itself better.

The biggest factor for any media type though, will be the equipment you listen to it through. You pre-amp, amp and speakers/headphones will make a world of difference. Spend your money there well and it will bring your music to life like you never knew it could.