Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2021, 12:43   #7490
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star
Re: Coronavirus

Well, exactly

We're talking about a contagious disease which is easily spread from person to person not a bombing raid which you can see coming from an enemy who you can ultimately reason with.

Not to mention the whole office work was completely different back then.

I actually think IDS was by some distance the worst of the Tory opposition leaders. Cameron got elected, and actually Hague was very similar in terms of how electable he would be (even though he was more from the opposite side of the party ideologically) but they were in such a mess after Major and the defeat to Blair that I doubt anyone would have won an election at the end of that term. In a sense they would have probably been better keeping Hague in because he would have done a better job than IDS or Howard (who was only marginally better) and perhaps then not needed Cameron, given how that ended up, we may well be in a completely different place (or may have already left under Hague...). I dread to think what would have happened if IDS was PM, people think Johnson is bad, but he's an educated moron, IDS is just a moron.