View Single Post
Old 05-09-2021, 11:47   #12
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Re: This NI increase for Social/Health Care

I've mentioned before that the wife & daughter both work in social care for the local council, and they've been working from home for the past 18 months or more.

During this time, the obvious unintended consequence of this is that I often overhear stuff I really shouldn't . . . and some of the things I hear regarding costs of providing a 'care package' using third party people/agencies (of which are the majority) are astounding.

Private care homes and private agencies employing care staff is where the money is going.

edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
Based purely on no specific knowledge I’m hazarding a guess that more people who are of state pension age own their own homes than people aged < 30 if that’s correct and it’s a big if it seems very strange to me that we should place higher NI contributions across society to protect these individuals assets which would eventually be handed over via inheritance.
Some of the people needing care aren't yet at 'pension age', and many of those who are still have a partner living at home who, although capable of many things, finds it difficult to cope 24/7 with someone with a problem (dementia, mobility, blindness etc) . . . surely you're not advocating making those homeless by selling the residence, or do you mean taking the house off them when they die and giving the funds back to the Govt?

Last edited by Carth; 05-09-2021 at 11:55.
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote