Thread: General Changes to Virgin TV (2021)
View Single Post
Old 25-08-2021, 11:40   #1287
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

Apparently CNN announced in April they were putting their online UK stream behind a paywall in UK, and in July announced a CNN+ service to "run in parallel" everywhere in the world.

Maybe they are asking for too much money and VM decided it wasn't get enough viewers to cough up?

According to some eagle-eyed early birds on Official VM Forums there was small message on the bottom of the feed saying it would no longer be available on Virgin Media from 31st. There isn't a message at the time I'm typing this. One poster GrahamLondon wrote "Even online they want Cash for the UK feed, now" which makes it sound like they'd asked for money publicly, but I've heard/read nothing to this effect, so not sure what that's about.

---------- Post added at 11:40 ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 ----------

There are a lot of complaints on Twitter about the channel being removed from VM. One even posted a screenshot of the on-screen message that VM themselves have put up.

This message isn't showing for me though.

Screenshot on this tweet. ---> https://twitter.com/lyndahall0402/st...56640600481792