Thread: General Changes to Virgin TV (2021)
View Single Post
Old 17-08-2021, 10:00   #1188
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilon View Post
Famous last words? I've been told that Greatest Hits Radio may be coming soon to a Tivo near you.
On Freeview, Greatest Hits Radio replaced another radio station owned by the same company (in this case Heat), so I wouldn't be surprised if they did the same again, rather than increase costs.

Having said that, I don't see any obvious candidates among the Bauer lineup presently on VM.

---------- Post added at 10:00 ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 ----------

Absolute 80s is maybe the one they'd swap it for, now I've had a longer think.

I wouldn't put it past VM if they've put a block on new radio streams launching and will only maintain the existing ones since Radioline is available on V6 and TV360, and Original VM Tivo, which needs these streams, will be becoming an increasingly smaller part of their TV offering.

I wonder what proportion that old box is of those boxes out there? We'll likely never know. The old box's only advantages now are (to my recollection) its dedicated internet connection, for those that don't take VM broadband, and the SCART output for those with older TVs.