View Single Post
Old 28-07-2021, 09:39   #1762
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Hopefully, we can agree that BoJo signed a deal that he did not intend to honour, his being of a perfidious disposition.

Will he sort it out or will he kick the can down the road and leave it for Gove or Starmer to sort out?
Whilst we both share a disdain for Boris, we differ fundamentally on the EU.

My preference would have been to walk away and rebuild bit by bit according to what would be mutually beneficial. Trust would quickly be built and quid-pro-quos would result.

However, that's not what happened. I surmise (and stress that this is only my view and in no way authoritative), that the trade deal was signed so that the car manufacturing commitments could be established.

What is happening now is that NI Protocol appears to meet Trade Deal. I'm pretty sure that the Trade Deal is not being breached. It's that wretched NI Protocol, signed before the Trade Deal, that's now exercising both sides.

The EU's latest announcement, suspending legal action, is indeed breathing space which needs to be wisely used by both sides. I doubt that the EU is beginning to see things our way unless Ireland has been leaning on them. Who knows what goes on behind the scenes?

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote