Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2021, 10:14   #6157
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
The unvaccinated people, like your children?
My kids, "may" get infected...but the evidence is overwhelming that they are unlikely to get a severe illness, if they get ill at all. I've been double jabbed so has their mother, grandmother and pretty much everyone else I know.

So.....what's the issue?

Quote:
While more research is needed, early information about the severity of Delta includes a study from Scotland that showed the Delta variant was about twice as likely as Alpha to result in hospitalization in unvaccinated individuals
It doesn't give ages, and I've read the report and it does not separate out the ages of the Individuals

What it does say is

Quote:
Risk of COVID-19 hospital admission was approximately doubled in those with the Delta VOC when compared to the Alpha VOC, with risk of admission particularly increased in those with five or more relevant comorbidities.
There is nothing to suggest healthy unvaccinated children are at any increased risk of severe illness. Happy to read any report/paper that does say that.