View Single Post
Old 29-06-2021, 10:08   #201
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: GB News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I think the problem is there doesn't seem to be much of a market for an opinion-led news channel on British Television. It's the type of thing people get on YouTube or other social media.

I know they want to clip their segments for social media but they're doing so at the cost of a major operation whereas YouTube channels are usually a freelance presenter with a camera. Those YouTube channels will get more views as well.

I can't see how GB News is viable in the long term unless they turn this around. They're getting fewer people than Sky News and Sky News runs at a loss subsidised by the wider Sky Television offering. GB News needs to be profitable in it's own right.
It just reminds me of the Today newspaper - underfunded with far less news content than its competitors and with technical errors.

But Today was at least innovative with new colour presses and it encouraged changes in Fleet Street working practices. I'm not sure what GB News brings to the table that hasn't been done better on YouTube, LBC or Talk Radio before.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote