Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 28-06-2021, 13:58   #6055
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Obviously you are one of the lucky ones who have not become impoverished as a result of their businesses or jobs being lost. Obviously, you also don’t care about the businesses that are continuing to struggle while the remaining restrictions stay in place. For example, there are many restaurants who find that they cannot make a profit while social distancing is still mandatory.
Bollocks Old Boy. I support all the schemes the Government have put in place through the crisis. I’m more than happy to pay more tax to fund them - are you???

Quote:
The economy is also a huge worry. I know the PM is looking to invest considerable sums to eventually generate income, but that is a huge task and requires many billions to be expended before this can even begin to start turning around. If this goes pear-shaped, our public services will go downhill rapidly because there will be no money to fund them.

I really cannot understand why some people are still arguing for restrictions to continue after 19 July when we have a successful vaccination programme and it is already clear that hospitalisations have been greatly reduced since the first two waves. It suits some, of course, who would rather be on furlough than working.
If you think folk on zero hours contracts in nightclubs and lap dancers are propping up the Tories in the polls because of the furlough scheme that’s an interesting take.

I can’t understand why, despite being consistently wrong throughout the pandemic, you continue to push this economy over public health agenda.

Quote:
The winter period down there started in June. A lot can happen in three months.
And you will be on your knees praying they fail no doubt.

Quote:
My point is that now we have a vaccine, we can avoid the total number of deaths that would otherwise have occurred. The vaccine has changed everything.
Indeed. It’s almost as if it’s a good idea to vaccinate more people.

Nevertheless the evidence won’t support no restrictions from July 19, and if anything as other countries close their borders to UK citizens it’ll have a greater economic impact for us to not manage case numbers.