Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 28-06-2021, 13:50   #6054
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Yet despite this the Government continues to be extremely popular, despite the odd scandal too.

I’m not sure how we become a nation of hermits. Some (many?) are completely unaffected by the small number of remaining restrictions.
Obviously you are one of the lucky ones who have not become impoverished as a result of their businesses or jobs being lost. Obviously, you also don’t care about the businesses that are continuing to struggle while the remaining restrictions stay in place. For example, there are many restaurants who find that they cannot make a profit while social distancing is still mandatory.

The economy is also a huge worry. I know the PM is looking to invest considerable sums to eventually generate income, but that is a huge task and requires many billions to be expended before this can even begin to start turning around. If this goes pear-shaped, our public services will go downhill rapidly because there will be no money to fund them.

I really cannot understand why some people are still arguing for restrictions to continue after 19 July when we have a successful vaccination programme and it is already clear that hospitalisations have been greatly reduced since the first two waves. It suits some, of course, who would rather be on furlough than working.

---------- Post added at 13:50 ---------- Previous post was at 13:49 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
The irony.

You do know our winter is their summer? Who knows it could go away by itself.
The winter period down there started in June. A lot can happen in three months.

My point is that now we have a vaccine, we can avoid the total number of deaths that would otherwise have occurred. The vaccine has changed everything.