Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 24-05-2021, 20:02   #5274
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I'm not 'blaming' anyone. This was an unprecedented situation and everyone was doing thdir best to work out a solution. However, it is absolutely appropriate to point out that the government was responding to medical advice. This is something that for some inexplicable reason you fail to acknowledge.
Yet ignored alternative options. Which is the purpose of Ministers - to make decisions.

I see no reason to allow my mind to descend into your fantasy where hapless politicians sit there and get scientists to tell them what to do. Ministers ask questions, set expectations, and that drives the analysis provided. This is a two way street not the one way street you portray.

As I say, one needn't have had to look far to see alternatives to keeping the economy open and pretending we would be different.