Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 19-05-2021, 16:14   #5191
jonbxx
cf.mega poster

Services: VM VIP Pack
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
You mean . . no vaccine passport = no work?

Best of luck managing the legislation that prevents anyone without a 'vaccine passport' from attending a work place they're contracted to.
It's a toughie making workplace vaccination compulsory - it has never really been tested in the UK properly. Vaccination is part of my employment contract but that is because I visit customers abroad whose sites make vaccination against measles and hepatitis compulsory for entry. If I wasn't vaccinated, I couldn't work at those sites so, in a sense, vaccination is a requirement for my job. I would not be surprised if at some point, COVID vaccines will be required by some of my customers so therefore, will be necessary for my work.

Hey, it's like I need to have a passport and driving licence. If I refused to have one or the other, I would be able to work either.

You could argue that vaccination is needed under health and safety rules. In healthcare settings, COVID 19 is a notifiable disease under UK rules (RIDDOR) so vaccination is a potential route to reduce this type of 'workplace injury'.

There's always likely to be a point where the Human Rights protections will take up precedence for those who decline vaccinations for religious or other protected characteristics.