View Single Post
Old 30-04-2021, 19:14   #798
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Well, yes. A couple of responses from Remainers who are basically saying that the EU is only seeking to enforce the treaty. And I'm saying, if they call us "our British friend" then they should try to understand and help ease the problems. The EU Parliament was scathing about the UK; if we cannot have friendly relations, then we should treat them accordingly.
I don't think you should get upset because members of the European Parliament have a view on Brexit being a mistake; MEPs are entitled to express their opinions.

The UK signed up for a relationship with the EU outside the Single Market and Customs Union which causes trade friction, despite what you might have been led to believe. If the UK wants to ease its problems by removing trade friction then it needs to consider re-joining them and I'm sure our European friends will understand and co-operate here as necessary.
1andrew1 is online now   Reply With Quote