Thread: British culture
View Single Post
Old 22-04-2021, 10:01   #54
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: British culture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
You're still doing the former:
No, I'm still attempting to understand how you define culture. If it can be transmitted in certain artefacts and behaviours but not in others, and it can be generated in certain artefacts and behaviours but not in others, then I would like to know how you determine which artefacts and behaviours to look to, and which to ignore. At this point, you have still to satisfactorily justify your assertion that it is not appropriate to talk of football in terms of culture. I would like you to outline your reasoning, and not merely repeat the assertion in ever more strident terms.

I'm deliberately ignoring your mildly disturbing attempts to push the thread towards the eulogising or denigrating of certain religious and cultural tropes. I don't think you've set your stall out nearly well enough for that to be fruitful at this stage.

And your talk of 'subliminal' seems to be a fairly transparent attempt to avoid defining your meaning and intent. Sure, average people most of the time don't consciously think about what their culture is, but this is a discussion forum, discussing culture, at your own invitation. So please stop avoiding the question.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote