Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 29-03-2021, 23:04   #4401
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Look what I found on https://www.contractsfinder.service....e-9999aecc753d. I don't think it has been disclosed in the forum before. It's too large to upload. My impression is that compared with the EU contract, it is very thorough and professional. I can't find anything in it that gives the UK preferential supply, but §13.2.9 is mildly interesting in that regard. Key clauses that I've pulled out are:

The canard now being regularly parroted by the EU and its shills is that the EU in fact signed its purchase agreement a day before the UK. This is to ignore the fact that the UK had a supply agreement in place months earlier. The existence of that agreement was public knowledge at the time; it was the very same agreement that gave AstraZeneca access to the Oxford vaccine instead of Oxford’s preferred, American manufacturer. It did this in order to guarantee supply to the UK. Furthermore it included pricing terms: AstraZeneca was to provide at cost. For all these reasons the date on the contract setting out the fine details of the final purchase agreement is irrelevant. So too, for that matter, is the existence (or not) of clauses relating to preferential supply. All of that was taken care of when AstraZeneca was brought on board.

The blog Pierre linked earlier uses the fact that the details of this original agreement are still confidential as an excuse to indulge in wild speculation about supposed British vaccine nationalism (that blog, hilariously, also uses the absence of evidence of vaccine exports of AstraZeneca vaccine to the UK from the Halix facility in the Netherlands, as proof that it may actually have happened. It’s proper wingnuts conspiracy stuff).