Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age
Re: Will Scotland Leave the UK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
No, we didn’t.

The referendum question had no caveats - it was “Should Scotland become an independent country?” With the available answers limited to “yes” or “no”.

Obviously the losing side will argue that things change. If it hadn’t been the EU it would have been something else. I don’t think anyone can seriously argue that the SNP would have just given up no matter what.

One thing to bear in mind is that any of the “but we were promised” arguments, like EU membership, are being made by people who weren’t inclined to listen to those promises in any case. The argument about promised EU membership is being made by separatists, on behalf of those who did not, and do not, support them.

I’m very happy to confirm, as someone who believes in Scotland’s place as part of the UK, that separatists do not speak for me. They do not get to explain to anyone else why I voted the way I did in 2014, they do not get to tell anyone how I feel about it now, and they certainly don’t get to claim to know what I want to happen next.
You might not have done but others might have done.

Again, why are people so hell bent on there not being another referendum. Whether people like it or not, a massive change happened to the UK after the result. I believe that would warrant another referendum based on that outcome.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote