Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 25-03-2021, 15:52   #4313
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
I suppose the flip side to that question is what have Astrazenica got against being open and transparent about their data.

Much of this would have been avoided had they not issued the haphazard press release the day after Pfizer claiming 62/70/90% efficacy. Other selective studies have been pulled out at random to come out with other figures.

A 70% efficacy vaccine isn't a bad vaccine. But rather than focus on the positives of availability, cost and relative ease of distribution chains there has been a focus on aiming for a 90% figure.

In other news I got my first dose today.
AstraZeneca has suggested that the urgent nature of the situation led it to publish what it had earlier rather than wait to publish more later. In the past some have observed that AstraZeneca lacks experience in vaccine development. The USA’s response to it was however extremely heavy handed, though as Hugh has since suggested that might just be typical of the institutional culture of the FDA.