View Single Post
Old 24-01-2021, 22:01   #230
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Everyone knew they had “at least” 2 years to prepare for the worst case scenario. They had 3, they then had another year after that.
Yet the worst case scenario was never Government policy. Two different deals were.

---------- Post added at 22:01 ---------- Previous post was at 21:56 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
To answer that question truthfully, no, the misery gutted brothers, Mr K and 1andrew1, don't, hell, they said it would fail before we even had the vote, then we had 4.5 years of their vitriol and they're still, even today, still trying to add chapters.
Well I'm not on that list.

I didn't vote for it and I did think "the Establishment" would overturn it and they did certainly try.

However it's done. Making it work is more important than raking over old disagreements (in my view) but I don't find it credible to argue as some have that all businesses should have prepared for all outcomes.

There's a responsibility on Government here to support businesses - if it's to succeed it's on the backs of these businesses simultaneously retaining as much trade with the EU (the importance of tariff free trade after all) and grow trade with the rest of the world. If non-tariff barriers hit business that hits the chances of success of Brexit. That hits us all.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote