View Single Post
Old 22-01-2021, 20:23   #204
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
As I said, I read it yesterday

I’m aware other countries choose to grant them diplomatic status but that’s their business. We are simply under no obligation to grant diplomatic immunity to representatives of an international organisation, even if other countries have chosen to do so. Barnier’s special pleading about the institution’s status doesn’t hold water. If the EU has in fact become what our own remain-minded commentators have always insisted it isn’t - a federal state of its own - then of course it can have full ambassadors here - as soon as the French, German and Italian ones go home. We have a US ambassador here; we do not have a Californian one.

EU officials having a private grumble that (quelle horreur) the British Government position today differs from the one it held a decade ago are simply betraying their continuing inability to understand that the British government has fundamentally changed its approach to the EU as a result of the democratic referendum held here in 2016.
What he said.