View Single Post
Old 22-01-2021, 13:09   #185
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Britain outside the EU

It's the same rules for if you were to buy something from the United States isn't it? I don't get the stories of people being 'surprised' they have to pay fees and taxes on what they've purchased in the EU, we knew this was coming.

It's the same nothing story as these 'I've got to do more paperwork to sell to the EU!?!!' stories. Yes! Well done. Where have you been for the last 4 years.

---------- Post added at 13:09 ---------- Previous post was at 13:06 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetiepooh View Post
Maybe HMRC could increase point of taxation so more smaller purchases can pass through freely. Only tax at levels it's actually worth collecting and put exemptions for couriers so they can't gouge end point customers. Or at least make it easier for them so their costs aren't hugely increased.
If you get that wrong then you risk undercutting British sellers and lose VAT on purchases that would otherwise have been made here. Especially on countries that don't charge a tax on online purchases. I.E Let's say they increase to £2,000 then if I wanted an iPad then it's a 20% discount for buying from America even before their already cheaper prices. Obviously some of that would be offset by higher shipping costs.

---------- Post added at 13:09 ---------- Previous post was at 13:09 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetiepooh View Post
Maybe HMRC could increase point of taxation so more smaller purchases can pass through freely. Only tax at levels it's actually worth collecting and put exemptions for couriers so they can't gouge end point customers. Or at least make it easier for them so their costs aren't hugely increased.
If you get that wrong then you risk undercutting British sellers and lose VAT on purchases that would otherwise have been made here. Especially on countries that don't charge a tax on online purchases. I.E Let's say they increase to £2,000 then if I wanted an iPad then it's a 20% discount for buying from America even before their already cheaper prices. Obviously some of that would be offset by higher shipping costs.
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote