Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 18-12-2020, 10:16   #1658
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
[/COLOR]

I rarely disagree with Heero, but that last remark is gratuitous and extreme.

The vaccine is a start and the scientists will be measuring the CV incidence as roll-out progresses. In turn, that will define the vaccination strategy going forward until CV is eradicated (and perhaps the next one comes along).

Subject to confirmatory outcomes, it looks like vaccine developmental science has taken a leap forward.

On another matter - repaying our CV loans, I wonder whether the Guvmin are ring-fencing the £25 billion or so we no longer send to the EU annually.

I know I’m indulging in the flagellation of an equine corpse, but such egregious fabrications need to be highlighted...

The U.K. Government’s own figures

Quote:
In 2019 the UK made an estimated gross contribution (after the rebate) of £14.4 billion. The UK received £5.0 billion of public sector receipts from the EU, so the UK’s net public sector contribution to the EU was an estimated £9.4 billion.
https://fullfact.org/europe/our-eu-m...ee-55-million/

There’s £25 billion outstanding to be paid by 2057, but that’s not annually..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/51110096
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 18-12-2020 at 10:23.