View Single Post
Old 30-11-2020, 23:04   #1585
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Linear is old tech - on demand is the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
As ever you fail to demonstrate why someone like Comcast cannot, and would not , do both. They aren’t ideological in the way you are. Maintaining linear channels is cheap for content owners. Amazon and Netflix are developing linear offerings in Germany and France.

It’s also an easy way to advertise or showcase your content.
Did you ever take any notice at all of the savings the Beeb made when it closed BBC3 as a linear channel? No, you didn’t.

No business would pass up an opportunity like this to make their company more efficient. Once they stop making a decent profit, they will close.

---------- Post added at 23:00 ---------- Previous post was at 22:59 ----------

Quote:
So I haven’t claimed that DTT channels can exist on very little funding as you suggested a few posts ago.

Thanks for clarifying, OB.
Yes, you did! DTT channels are linear channels, which you referred to in your very next post!

---------- Post added at 23:04 ---------- Previous post was at 23:00 ----------

Quote:
So I haven’t claimed that DTT channels can exist on very little funding as you suggested a few posts ago.

Thanks for clarifying, OB.

You haven’t addressed any points,
Yes, I have! God, you can tell it’s pantomime season!